Henryk Szeryng: Complete Philips, Mercury & DG Recordings
save £7.60 (9%)
special offer ending 30/10/2018
This despatch estimate is based on information from both our own stock and the UK supplier's stock.
If ordering multiple items, we will aim to send everything together so the longest despatch estimate will apply to the complete order.
If you would rather receive certain items more quickly, please place them on a separate order.
If any unexpected delays occur, we will keep you informed of progress via email and not allow other items on the order to be held up.
If you would prefer to receive everything together regardless of any delay, please let us know via email.
Pre-orders will be despatched as close as possible to the release date.
Cat No: 4834194
Number of Discs: 44
Expected Release Date: 2nd November 2018
ArtistsHenryk Szeryng (violin)
ArtistsHenryk Szeryng (violin)
Includes previously unreleased recordings including Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto with LSO/Dorati on Mercury; and Mozart’s Sinfonia concertante K364 with Bruno Giurianna.
Also includes several rarities released for the first time internationally on CD including Beethoven Romance no.2 with Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt/LSO (previously only released in Japan); Sibelius and Prokofiev Concertos; Vivaldi Concertos; Bach Sonatas for Violin and Cembalo; and a Schubert recital with Ingrid Haebler.
Philips & Mercury recording newly remastered at 24-bit from original analogue sources: the Mercury tapes using Plangent Processes and Philips at Abbey Road.
- Paganini’s Third Concerto – a work Szeryng rescued from obscurity, unearthed from the composer’s papers
- The Brahms Violin Concerto recorded for RCA by Decca in 1958
- Bach Sonatas & Partitas on DG, recorded 1967
- Two major Mozart series on Philips, including the complete works for violin and orchestra with the New Philharmonia Orchestra and Alexander Gibson, and all the major violin sonatas with Ingrid Haebler – the later set confirming him as one of the foremost Mozart violinists of all time
- Celebrated in the Baroque and Classical repertoire, Szeryng was as commanding in 20th century repertoire: Berg, Prokofiev, Szymanowski, Wieniawski and Khachaturian and of course works written especially for him by Chavez, Lees, Carillo and Ponce
- Works by Kreisler – recorded at the height of his career
- Previously unreleased recordings including a Tchaikovsky Concerto with LSO/Dorati on Mercury
- Rarities including Beethoven Romance No.2 with Hans Schmidt-Isserstedt/LSO (previously only released in Japan), Sibelius/Prokofiev Concertos, Vivaldi Concertos, Bach Sonatas for Violin and Cembalo and Schubert recital with Ingrid Haebler
“There are not many violinists in the world today who can play through all six of Bach's solo violin sonatas as cleanly and as accurately as this. Henryk Szeryng is a very accomplished violinist indeed. His articulation is precise; every note has its full value; his intonation is perfect; his tempi are all sensible. It is impossible to do other than admire him. The recording itself is excellent.” – Gramophone, 1967
Error on this page? Let us know here
Need more information on this product? Click here